WELSH MUSICAL THEATRE YOUNG SINGER OF THE YEAR 2018
Select READ MORE to see Rules & Application forms
DUNVANT MALE CHOIR, SWANSEA
Côr Meibion Dyfnant
WELSH MUSICAL THEATRE YOUNG SINGER OF THE YEAR.
The competition is open to anyone aged 16 to 28 on 5th May 2018 who is Welsh by birth or parentage, or who has been educated at a school, college or university in Wales.
Exceptions to the rules can only be made by agreement with the Chairman & Secretariat.
Competitors are requested to submit the following with the completed application form:-
A demonstration CD or DVD.
Please note, if you have entered previously or are attending a Music School or College the demonstration CD etc. will not apply.
- For the preliminary audition each competitor will be expected to present a programme of their own choice lasting for 10 minutes, along with two sets of sheet music, (which will be returned)
Completed application forms etc. must be received by the Choir’s Asst. Secretary not later than Saturday 10th February 2018.
- Auditions will be held in Gowerton School, Cecil Road, Gowerton, Swansea. SA4 3DL
- Saturday 17th February 2018.
Four competitors chosen to go through to the FINAL who will be informed within one week of the auditions.
The four finalists will compete during a Dunvant Male Choir concert to be held at the Taliesin Centre, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PZ. (Swansea University).
Saturday 5th May 2018.
Each finalist will be expected to present a 15 minute programme which may include one piece from their Prelim audition.
Towards the end of the concert the adjudication will be made from the stage, the winner announced and prizes presented.
The prizes are: - Winner £1000, Runners up £250 each
It is a condition of the awards that the prizes are to be spent on training fees / expenses.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ---
DUNVANT MALE CHOIR, SWANSEA
WELSH MUSICAL THEATRE YOUNG SINGER OF THE YEAR
COMPETITION APPLICATION FORM
1. Surname _________ ____________ Forenames ________________________
2. Address ________________________________________________________
3. Address for correspondence – if different from above.
4. Telephone No. _______________
E-mail address. ________________________
Mobile No. ______________________
5. Date of birth. ______________________
6. Welsh by:-
a. Place of birth. ________________________________________________
b. Parentage – Place of birth. _____________________________________________
c. Education – School / College / University _________________________________
7. Presently studying at. _________________________________________________
8. Proposed Audition Programme. ____________________________________
9. The completed application form must arrive at the following address no later than:
Saturday 10th February 2018
Assist. Secretary, Dunvant Male Choir
63 Gelligwyn Road, Morriston
Swansea, SA6 7PR
Tel 01792 428626. Mob. 07903126796